I am an American citizen

Qualifying for a mortgage in Spain if you are an American citizen

If you are an American resident, were born there or live there and pay tax you can qualify for a non-resident mortgage in Spain.

As a US tax resident, you can borrow a maximum of 70% of the purchase price or the property valuation, whichever is lower.

To qualify you will need a better than average credit history and a minimum of 2 years of tax records.